As you are all no doubt aware, UAMS has been experiencing significant e-mail problems. Until this situation is rectified, the ORSP staff wants to assure you that we are making every effort to continue communicating effectively with the UAMS research community and external funding agencies. Here are the steps we are taking:
- If you do not receive a reply to an email within 4 hours of sending it to any ORSP staff member, please call, use Communicator, or visit us (this is to account for the amount of time that email servers are down)
- If you receive correspondence from a funding agency, please let us know so that we can verify that ORSP also received the email.
- For ARIA projects
- We are still able to view when a new project arrives in the queue.
- For sign-offs, the email notifications may not be sent or received. We will contact the PI and the Primary Contact via Communicator or phone. We will also add a note to the ARIA file stating the date and time of sign-off.
- For Award Releases, if emails are not sent or received, we will fax a copy of the Award Release notification to Grants Accounting. We will also fax it to the primary business officer listed for the Sub-Dept., Dept., or College. We ask that this individual please distribute the notice to the appropriate people.
- Award Notices
- ORSP staff have the ability to check NIH Commons and NSF Fastlane for new award letters. We will check daily to ensure that all awards are processed. If you happen to receive an award notice, please call or IM your ORSP contact to make sure that we received a copy.
- For requested documents such as revised grant proposals, IRB or IACUC approval letters, or any other documentation, please upload into ARIA, then call or IM your ORSP contact to verify that the documents are received.
- For communication from funding agencies regarding JIT or other requests – please call or IM your ORSP contact to make sure that we received a copy.
- Each ORSP administrator has created an email account through an outside group that you may use instead of the UAMS address
Unfortunately, despite these measures, there may be instances where emails from funding agencies do not reach ORSP. We will continue to work with you as closely as possible to make certain that it is as close to business as usual as possible.
Suzanne Alstadt, MPA, CRA
Director, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs